Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wedding Slideshow

People seem to have a lot of opinions concerning wedding slideshows. I think its a love or hate kind of situation. I would be one the LOVE side of the fence. I am a lover of memories, photos, just nostalgia in general; I always have since I was a little girl. Nothing excites me more than photos, especially old ones.

I always knew I would have a slideshow at my wedding even before I met Casey, but lets get real I knew a lot of things about my wedding before I met Casey. My mom had a slideshow at her wedding and in between each picture she had scripture that spoke about marriage. I originally was going to have a hand full of pictures and do quotes about love and marriage throughout the slideshow. As I started the overwhelming job of sifting, sorting and choosing photos it became apparent that there was no way I was narrowing this baby down to just a handful of photos. Our mothers had been picture freaks, and I am a picture freak and honestly we are just too cute! It was very difficult choosing and making sure we included everyone.




The slideshow ended up being a smooth 21 minutes long OOPS! I decided it would be nice to play it at the rehearsal dinner while we are all eating. I personally think it turned out great and everyone really enjoyed it.

I painstakingly scanned and edited each photo (up until the digital years of photos), I used imovie on my Mac. The only problem I had was cutting the music seamlessly, on some songs it was perfect and on others...not so much. It was fairly simple, I have made slideshows on windows movie maker and now on imovie and I would say they are both pretty easy to figure out. I will give a tutorial possibly if there is any interest in that.



Luckily for us Casey's parents work at at intermediate school and they were able to check out a projector from the library. Pappacitos, where we had our rehearsal dinner had a screen that we rented for a fee. I would definitely figure out if you have these things available to rent before gathering up pictures.

I originally had the show all planned out, but then Casey decided he hated all my song selections, and was generally displeased so I let him pick a song. He chose Love by Roger Creager, and he wanted to showcase photos of us "having a good time" aka drinking with our friends. I was not thrilled, but everyone really got a kick out of it. The first picture of that section is Casey and I chugging champagne, and my mom cries out KYLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Classic moment, and wedding memory.


Basically just try and come to a compromise with your significant other. I think he saw how happy this project made me and eventually just let it go. He came around and ended up loving it--even The Beach Boys song.


Section 1: Childhood Photos
Section 2: Adolescence
Section 3: Drinking/Friends
Section 4: Family & Friends
Section 5: Casey & I



There is no rule book, you can do whatever you would like. Maybe just pictures of the two of you, or just your engagement photos. There are lots of possibilities, do what makes sense for you and your group.



You may or may not watch the whole thing because its long, BUT I encourage you to watch it if you are trying to get ideas for your slideshow, or if you are on the fence about whether or not to have one. You might be worried about your guests being bored or uninterested which I can say was NOT the case for us, but here's my thoughts on that--it's your party, you're paying and you can make them sit through childhood photos of you if you want to!

Without further ado....



wedding slides from Kylee Blanchard on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment