Monday, June 11, 2012

Invitations Part 2

I knew from the get go that I wanted to make my own invitations. For one thing I knew I wanted something elegant and simple but not too simple, and for what I had in mind would have cost a pretty penny. I went ahead and had my invitations printed professionally. I had them print the text on the invitation and the reply card. It was so stressful printing out the tiny save the date cards. I knew it would be a lot of work to do the invites and I didn't want to add any unnecessary trouble. Make sure of all the cards you need before placing your order. I didn't realize until it was too late that I needed to include a card with all the hotel information on it. I ended up designing and printing my own at the 11th hour.

As you saw in part one the first thing I did was cut the liners for both envelopes.



I then ordered the silver enclosures you see here. I ordered half my paper from paper source and the other half from paper and more. In retrospect I wish I would have ordered it all from paper and more they are very reasonably priced for quality product. What everyone should know is, the enclosures SAY that they fit an A7 card but they dont. That goes for enclosures from ANYWHERE. In reality its like a quarter of an inch smaller than A7 so you have cut down all your cards down. When I ordered my invitations this was not explained to me. Paper Source being the awesome company that it is, had me come in and they cut all the pink cards and the invitations for free. 

Once they were all cut I went ahead and embossed them. Get a few movies and settle in for the night, its quite time consuming.






This is a Martha Stewart punch. It is fantastic, we used this to create the look of lace to wrap around the enclosures, and wrote the invited guests on the front, instead of using an inner envelope. You would be surprised at how many people will be confused about the names on the front. No matter what you think you will run into issues. Just be prepared 







Over all I would definitely make my invitations again. I got an amazing invitation for half or less the cost if I would have ordered them. The thing is, I bought alot of things to make them and I will use them again so for me it was worth spending a little more than I had to, because I will get more use out of the tools. Weigh the pros and cons, and definitely sit down and tally up the costs for ordering and making. It might not make sense for you after all is said and done.

 It wasn't a hassel or headache, just a lot of effort and time to put in figuring out what you want and executing it. If you already know exactly what you are wanting, then half the battle is won!









No comments:

Post a Comment