Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fifty Shades of Handsome!


Tomorrow I will have a fantastic post for you guys. TODAY I am blogging about what I call cotton candy. It has no real value, has no nutritional value, it doesn't keep you full but MAN is it good.

I, like every other woman started reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I read the book in 2 days, and was hungry for more! While I was reading I realized the main characters reminded me of two other very famous characters--Edward and Bella. Fifty Shades of Grey started out as Twilight fan fiction, which I figured out after some internet trolling. The popularity of Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey really says something about us as females. The male characters like to control their women--but not just that they like to take care of them physically and financially. It is interesting in this day and age of independent women, non-traditional gender roles etc-- most women (not all) still like to, (or at least like the idea of) be taken care of by a man--above all being protected by him. If that wasn't true then these books wouldn't be so popular. Innately we want a man to be our savior and protector even still in 2012. Just something I find interesting.

That is not what this post is about! This post is about who I would cast in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie! I have really strong feelings about this.

In my head I picture Christian Grey looking a lot like Alex PettyferDirty blonde hair and light eyes--not tan skin, but not pale either. E.L. James describes Mr. Grey as having copper hair--which I hope they ignore when making the movie--copper is in the neighborhood of red. Christian Grey is no ginger.




When behavior/acting/attitude. There is no doubt in my mind that Ian Somerhalder was absolutely made for this part. Watch him as Damon on vampire diaries, you will be entranced. A lot of the mannerisms Grey has, I have seen Ian do, while playing Damon. For me, he is Christian Grey.


You know who would have been perfect for this role, Ryan Philippe circa 1999. He was so good in Cruel Intentions as the asshole who eventually has a heart. He might be okay even now I just feel like he's too old and too known.



I have only one person I want to play Anastasia Steele. Emilia Clarke. She is phenomenal on Game of Thrones, easily my favorite character. I almost don't recognize her with brown hair. She is a great actress, she has the look and based on Game of Thrones I would say she is comfortable with nudity and sexual scenes.


So what do you guys think? Who do you picture in these roles?



3 comments:

  1. Alex Pettyfer is kinda how i imagine Cristian too, except i imagine him with dark brown hair with streaks of copper through it, i hope they do something like that for the movie because i'm not that into blondes. Emilia Clarke as Ana would be perfect, she is a brilliant actress and her looks match perfectly, i just hope she can pull of a shy act because her character is Game of Thrones is so strong, and Ana is quite strong too but i think that only kicks in at the end of the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree I am not a big fan of blondes either.

    Clarke's character on GoT starts out timid and unsure and then she becomes forceful and strong. I think unfortunately she will be overlooked. I just hope they dont cast the dreaded Kstew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great as Christian Grey!

    ReplyDelete