Monday, July 9, 2012

Online Family Planner

I hate hearing, "Babe, what's for dinner?" everyday around 2:30 PM. "Ky, when is the water bill due..oh and how much was it?" I just knew in this day and age there must be something online to help keep us both informed and organized. It didn't take 5 minutes until I found www.cozi.com, which in my opinion is the best online shared calendar. Cozi has android and iphone apps so all your family's information is literally at your finger tips. My favorite thing on the site: there is an option to have Cozi email you, your weekly run down. Every Sunday morning I get an email and I know what I've got in store for me the rest of the week!

This is the monthly view on the website, this is how it looks when it prints out. We both add bills we have due, our pay schedule, important events and birthdays. When we have little bambinos running around and I become a soccer mom this will be fantastic to keep track to ballet, baseball activities, play dates, parent teacher night etc.



Here is the weekly view, this is how I view it mostly--as a weekly view. 
Monthly just overwhelms me too much! Continue Reading...





I like to have a weekly print out for my purse/desk. 
Because I havent given up completely on pen and paper.



Self explanatory...I always need a to do list. Always.


I absolutely menu plan every week, I honestly think that is the only way to do it. It cuts down on trips to the grocery store and sitting there thinking "Uhh, what can I make tonight." That just keeps the fun out of cooking, plus the more last minute trips to store and the more money you are spending! It saves time, one less thing to worry about when you know all the dinners are planned and all the ingredients are in your pantry.

I keep a menu at our house up on the wall in the kitchen, and I keep it online. I am not so good about setting meat out to thaw, so I try to keep reminders around so I am hopefully prompted to remember! 


There is a recipe box portion. If one of us (Casey) is home and wants to start dinner, he can pull up Cozi > Recipe Box and find what were cooking! It is always nice to have all your favorite recipes in one location.


When looking at the recipe you can click add to shopping list 
and BAM the site is creating your grocery list for you.


I hope this has helped you, and even if you dont decide to use Cozi, there are so many awesome resources and sites like this to help keep you and your family on track!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! This is exactly what Claire's dad and I need for her. When I read there was an iphone app I was sold. Thanks for sharing/posting this Kylee!

    ReplyDelete