Friday, February 24, 2012

Bridal Shower Hostess Gifts

For some reason I stressed out so much over what to get the hostesses of our shower. I scoured the internet, nothing seemed suitable. After all, it takes a lot of time and money to put on such an event and I wanted to my gift to show how much I appreciated that. Finally Gaty explained to me, you can't pay them back. It's not about trying to reciprocate, which I guess I got caught up trying to do. It's about giving them something nice and thoughtful. I have one more shower to go and hopefully I will not be stressing so much about what to get although these shower throwers have a different age range--eek. I kept thinking bath and body works, I dont know about ya'll but I get that kind of stuff all the time. I feel like every time I need to get a gift for an older lady in my life that's my go to. I wanted to step outside of the box a bit.

My FMIL and I were headed to dinner and right next to the restaurant was an anthropologie store, we popped in just to take a look around. I don't know why I had never thought of it before. We found all kinds of neat stuff for gifts.

I ended up getting them a monogramed mug, Now, I want one! My mama always taught me not to buy things for yourself when you are picking out gifts for someone else.




How adorable are these?! They have a unique shape also, a must for any coffee or tea drinker.

They had a medley tin of Smith's Rosebud Salve, which you can't go wrong with a classic

I added some nice Lollia "Relax" hand cream


And lastly I packaged it all up in a tote bag I made myself, for one what woman doesn't love a tote bag? Secondly, they both knit or crotchet so this is a perfect bag for that. Tune in for a tutorial!


See she's already using it, there's yarn coming out of the top!




Love these bags!








No comments:

Post a Comment